We protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by making sure that doctors follow proper standards of medical practice.
We have the following functions.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of qualified doctors within the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Fostering good medical practices.
- Promoting high standards in medical education and training.
- Dealing firmly and fairly with doctors whose fitness to practice is in doubt.
- Maintain a Code of Conduct for the Medical Practitioners Registered with this council
- Responsible for regular upgrading of knowledge, techniques of practice and to impart the same to the needy in society